Saturday, February 19, 2011

Two weeks or Four Months!

Well, it all depends on how I look at it.

It has been two weeks since I started my diet. And my official weigh-in this morning was 325 lbs. That is a total weight loss of 10 lbs in two weeks. And I have to tell you I actually enjoy being on the 4-Hour Body diet. I am eating things that I enjoy, and then I get to have all of my carbs on Saturdays. I am actually using Saturday to get everything out of my system. Last weekend I over ate for dinner, and I was very uncomfortable. But, now I really don't want a Bubi burger for quite a while. I'm fairly certain that I got that out of my system. Last night my wife had sushi for dinner, and now I think I will have some today as that's what I'm craving most recently. This morning I had two (yes 2) large cinnamon buns from Cinnabon. And I have to tell you they were amazing. I have been craving these for two weeks, and last week I forgot to go and get one. But this week...OMG!! Anyway, enough about food and my diet.

After four months of being unemployed...I am finally starting my new job! As of Monday I am officially the first Maintenance Manager for Siliken Canada. I'm actually really looking forward to this. This is a promotion for me. I've always been a supervisor. But now I will be getting experience as a manager as well as experience setting up a new plant. The building is beautiful from the outside. But I have yet to go inside. So I will see on Monday the amount of work I have ahead for me. But none the less...I'm very excited about this, and I'm looking forward to getting us into production. I have a feeling everyday is going to feel like a maintenance shut down day until production officially starts.

But there are two things that I'm really looking forward to for this position over the next couple of months.
First, I'm really looking forward to the day the plant officially starts production and runs a full production day. For me that will be my first measure of success at the company.
Secondly, I've been informed that I will be traveling to Valencia Spain for at least one week of training. I don't think I have to say anymore than that. Spain in the winter. Definitely a hell of a lot better than Windsor in the winter. So, as we get closer to these to milestones, I will be making posts before during and after.

And now I will move on. I don't want to ramble like my past couple of posts, but at the same time I don't want to be too abrupt either. On that, I think I will start to post more frequently. But I will only be making weekly posts as far as my diet goes. I am certain that over the next few weeks, I will be making fairly regular posts.

Anyhow, thats it for me today. Wish me luck. And it's time to enjoy myself today. And get ready to start work this Monday.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment