Saturday, February 5, 2011

Doubters and Promoters

Well, over the past few days I have been spending a lot of time researching the 4 Hour Body diet on the net. Reading blogs. Watching vlogs, and just plan reading as much info as I could find. And all I can say is that everyone has o take the information for what it is. Just that...information.


I have read blogs about people saying that calorie counting is easier, and this is a worthless diet. But following their blog from the beginning, I found that they did just about everything wrong. And the only way to get the maximum effect from this diet is to follow it to the letter. And then at the same time I have watched vlogs where people have had great success. And those that saw only marginal results, admitted to making many errors during one or two weeks.


This diet is no different than any other diet. You MUST follow it religiously, or you will not see the maximum benefits. I will admit that after reading the book, that this diet isn't for everyone. But those people that can adapt to it will see the biggest gains. I for one pretty much grew up on beans, sauerkraut and smoked meat. So for me to adjust to a diet that is heavy in legumes will not be a drastic  move for me. However I have to admit that after being married for close to 10 years, and not living with my parents, that my diet has change quite a bit since then. And now my biggest downfalls are over eating, sweets, and just plain junk food. We eat out more than we should. And when we do, it is normally fast food. So for me the biggest challenge will be not eating out, and cutting out all of the sweets and chips.


And so, since Timothy says to start the diet 5 days prior to your first cheat day, I will be starting my diet first thing Monday morning. Now, I have already started to adapt the diet into my normal routine over the past three days. I have started to eat more legumes, more vegetables, and cutting out the sweets and treats. But in an effort to get everything out of the house...I have been cheating a little. But admittedly I have only been consuming 50% of what I have consumed in the past. Last night my wife and I had take-out. And it wasn't the worst take out, but at the same time it wasn't really good for us. My meal consisted of a very large burger stuffed with jalapeno peppers and topped with cheese, tomatoes, onions, and lettuce. The bun was the true killer in this burger. However, the true killer to this meal was the mountain of steak cut french fries drenched in gravy and cheese curds. I think that poutine will be the one piece of fast food that I will miss the most. But, it is the one food that I will most definitely incorporate into my cheat day. And so, today is officially the last day before the start of my diet.


Tomorrow I start to change my body as part of 'My Journey' to a new me. I have taken the time to find new recipes, and new ways of preparing my favourite foods. All in an effort to not bore myself. I have decided to keep a list of the foods that I find myself craving during the week. And I will try to add those to my cheat day. I have already prepared a large pot of sauerkraut and smoked meat, as well as a large pot of bean stew with sauerkraut and smoked meat. Both of these dishes that I grew up with and love to eat. Mind you, I have kept the smoked meat to a minimum in both of these pots. Primarily to give the dishes the protein that I will need, but also to keep the fat content down in the dishes. I will try to add good lean proteins to my meals as well as more veggies. And being a person that loves cauliflower, I plan on making a puree with it to accompany the occasional meal, as well as spinach with as many meals as possible.


In the beginning, I think I will try to take pictures of my food, but I won't necessarily post them on here. But when the meal is exceptionally tasty, or is something that I think people may enjoy, I will add to here along with the recipe. And so, this weekend, I plan on eating all of the things that I normally eat. Primarily to get them out of the house...but as in an effort to try and get them out of my system before the diet starts.


So, I look forward to adding a new post this time next week prior to the start of my cheat day, and I will do a second entry at the end of my cheat day chronicling what I did and ate on my cheat day, and how it all made me feel. I will do weekly weigh-ins, and once a month I will take measurements and add those to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment