Saturday, February 12, 2011

Binge Day!

And so, it has been 5 somewhat eventful days this week since I started my diet. It wasn't that my diet was eventful. As a matter of fact, the diet was quite boring. I ate eggs and turkey bacon every morning for breakie, along with spinach and refried beans. This week I had 3 job interviews and one job offer. It was exactly what I had expected, but it was something that I could work with. So, that means that I'm once again part of the working class again. They had wanted me to start on Monday. But since we are negotiating my terms, I will be starting on Tuesday the earliest.

More good news! I did my weigh in this morning with our old scale, and I lost 4.5 - 5 lbs. And that was just after 5 days of dieting. No exercise. No nothing. I'm sure that once I actually start working again, and being physical, that I will lose another pound or two during the week.

My wife and I also decided to buy a new scale today since the old one we had was the analog dial type. We bought a new iFit scale at Home Outfitters which is a pretty amazing scale. It not only performs simple weighing, but it also does body fat %, muscle %, water %, and has a twelve person memory.  It's not exactly as the one shown here, but it is still pretty amazing.

I decided to weigh myself with the new scale, and it reconfirmed my earlier results. So, for the first week of my diet, I will confirm a weight loss of 4 lbs. Giving the old one the benefit of the doubt. But from this point on, I will be able to give accurate weekly results. I could add my body fat percentage, but I really can't remember what it was. So, I won't at this point.

And so the binge day started without very much fan fare, and with ideas in my mind as to what I wanted to eat today. Thing that I have been craving during the week. And things that I knew...ok assumed that I missed. And actually, none of it really happened as I had expected it to. I had my regular breakie this morning. And then a banana and a yogurt after that. Lunch was a really big stuffed sub, and then dinner was a burger and fries from Bubi's. Only the best burger joint in the city. And I actually treated myself to desert. And this is where I binged. A piece of coconut cream pie, and a napoleon square. For me, that I guess is what I consider bingeing. I drank plenty of water. And did my air squat and wall presses, and made sure to have some grapefruit juice today. But aside from that. What I would have considered a normal Saturday night. Except for the the desert.

Anyway. I will be posting about my new job once I learn more about it and actually get started. And I hope to be posting a number around 325 for my weight. And until then. Have a safe week.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment